Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2019 05:18:33 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
a Paul Hosticka snip followed by > my comment..
For those in states with good and effective programs I hope you will respond to Aaron's call. Perhaps state land grant universities are the proper home for effective programs but alas they lack any regulatory authority and are already struggling for what scant resources the state provides. One thing is sure, there is room for improvement.

> The program here in Texas is run out of the entomology department of Texas A&M. It is a land grant institution in Texas. The inspection service and the bee lab operate out of the same building. As far as I know the employees of the inspection service have the same power to enforce as any police officer.  If necessary they can call up police if they get any push back or perceive any threat.  Resources are and will always be in short supply but what bothers me most is there are bills proposed by the legislature and these folks with the most information and experience are rarely if ever consulted for information.  We seen to live in a fact free, all education is to be suspect society! Consequently laws are written and passed and there is little or no thought as to their implementation or their consequence.

Gene in Central Texas...