Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2019 06:31:46 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
a Mike Rolewicz snip followed by > my comment..
The whole AIP is flawed to the point of it being a joke. They currently only inspect commercial outfits, those are the ones that know what they are doing and can spot trouble hives without help from a state employee.

>First you are demeaning the people that do the inspection and marginalizing their work. Secondly you are making some assumptions here that are at best misleading..

>The inspection service here (Texas) inspects a whole range of folks including sideliners (like myself) and even bee removal folks (you need a permit to do that).  Next you are presuming that every commercial operation actually knows what they are doing... no matter how long they have been doing it or their scale.  Some do and some do not but the treat of not being able to seasonally move bees at the very least motivates them ALL to do some things marginally correct.  The biggest threat to my bees here is some one (experience or not) moving some pathogen or disease from one coast or the other to here in Central Texas... Some states do NOT have inspection services and it is no wonder why some kinds of beekeepers gravitate to those states.

>One of the orgnaization basic function is to provide an interstate health certificate for folks moving bees across state borders.  IF??? the law changes here to how some folks want it to read, movement of bees across the state lines  without a health permit will be a misdemeanor crime (not that I am in favor or opposed to the changes in the state law pertaining to moving honeybees).

Gene in Central Texas...

Gene in Central Texas...