Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:46:18 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Not to  worry, there are multiple ways to skin that cat.

A 2007 Higes paper explains in detail how to stain all stages of Nosema.
"Experimental infection of Apis mellifera honeybees with Nosema ceranae
(Microsporidia)"
Higes, 2007
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jip.2006.11.001

There is also "Standard methods for Nosema research"
https://doi.org/10.3896/IBRA.1.52.1.14
This 2013 Fries paper offers some alternatives in even greater detail, and
is part of the COLOSS Bee Book, so it is the current "gold standard" for
practices and procedures.

Also, Ingemar Fries is the go-to guy on the subject of identification of
Nosema and he is very happy to give some hints to anyone who finds
themselves frustrated.

Disclaimer - I am not about to attempt to count Nosema myself until someone
shows me something that works on the current stains of Nosema the way that
fumagillin used to work on Nosema Apis.