From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2018 22:30:05 +0000
The Bee Informed pics of PMS are interesting and to me prove nothing at all.  I will admit I have never seen a hive so loaded with mites that you can see them on top of few day old larva.  In fact, if I saw a hive that loaded with mites I would probably mercy kill the hive as it seems unlikely you could cure such a bad situation and end up with a hive that had any chance of over wintering where I live.  So, just as well to put the bees out of their misery and get rid of a mite bomb at the same time.  None of this in any way proves to me that the brood problem was caused by either viruses or mites.  That brood looks like EFB to me.  With that kind of insane mite load it seems automatic the brood would be stressed and set up for EFB.  But, what difference does it make what is causing the brood issues in a hive that is dead anyhow?

Dick

HL Mencken said: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. "