From:
Alex Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2020 21:44:48 -0400
Aaron,

This location I described above is 2000ft elevation in Northeast PA.

I think the average apple loss in my yard was roughly 50%, but one of the
trees is totally toast.  Even the smaller, non-pink buds did not make it.

The funny aspect to this "polar vortex" is that northern locations seem to
have actually fared BETTER than southern ones.

There's some locations in West Virginia that got temps lower than Northeast
PA.

I fear the worst for any southern locations which got temps into the lower
20s.

-Alex