From:
Arlyn Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2020 08:47:48 -0600
Bill,
       Thank you for your inquiry.  Hope you had a Happy New Year.  To answer your question, many years ago the black light test was an indicator to tell if you had adulterated beeswax.  If we have any idea that wax has compromised we do not buy it, but we would normally do a cloud test and if we still aren't able to confirm we would do a melt test and if we feel there is a need we will send it to a lab to have it tested.  There is more information on these test in the Hive and the Honey bee in the latest edition on page 723 under testing beeswax for impurities.  I hope this answers your questions.  Have a great day !!

Arlyn R Hopkins, Customer Service
Dadant & Sons, Inc.
51 South 2nd St
Hamilton, IL 62341