From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 12:35:40 -0400
>In this study, honey bee colonies were exposed to Fumagilin-B. No significant effects on the levels of Nosema ceranae

My experience with Fumagilin-B and Fumadil ended perhaps 15 years ago. Probably before the transition to Nosema ceranae from apis. I only tried it on "expert advice" and frankly never saw any tangible effect on colony health. I know that some recorded reduced spore counts, usually from astronomical counts to merely hundreds of thousands but I never saw evidence of actual colony health improvement. Is there evidence of controlled study where side by side colonys with similar counts some treated, some not, showed definitive efficacy as measured by colony performance?

Most of the beeks that I know were using it as a prophylactic treatment, or when counts exceeded a million spores per bee. Their bees never did better then mine, most often not as well. A lot of times when you go looking for trouble you find some. Perhaps this is a case where ignorance is bliss.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA