Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2020 12:27:24 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
A bit of empirical evidence.

I have 2 yards literally in the shadow (blinking when the sun is behind) of a large wind project built in 2016. I have used these same locations since 2004. All of what Jim describes is the case here with the exception that they are on vast expanses of wheat-land on the Palouse of eastern WA so no trees to deal with. The blade tips are well above bee flight, minimum 120'. They make a good deal of noise. Mostly propeller whine but some also from the gear boxes. No perceptible vibration. They kill lots of birds, raptors and owls. They destroy the quiet tranquility with flashing night lights and noise. They make no perceptibly difference to my bees. They produce emission free renewable power to the good folks of Portland OR. some 300 miles away while my power comes from the Bonnivale damn on the Columbia river some 250 miles away and a stones throw from Portland. I also will not enter a discussion of mystery magical effects. There are cell towers near by to boot. It all makes me dizzy but the bees seem to be occupied with their own business and go about it just as before.

Far, far greater damage is done by the aerial application of broad-leaf herbicides by those who are convinced that flowers are the real culprit. Flowers may make honey but don't they also cause cancer and feeble mindedness? But I digress.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA