From:
Monk Benedict <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2019 16:42:32 -0500
This thread is an almost perfect example of how all beekeeping is local; variability in temperatures, buildup, flow durations, length of dearth or lack thereof, winter, etc. all play into what treatments can be used and when.

I wasn't going to respond but if a lot of new beekeepers are lurking, I figure it's worth mentioning, and want to stress the importance of having a real, local person to talk to about management decisions, flow conditions, and treatment options.  This time of year lends itself to more screen time and good discussion, but "just any blog" advice on when and how to manage bees is about as reliable as imported Asian honey, IMO.

If you can't get a local mentor, please please please at least read and follow the label directions.  Too many times we hear that someone's bees died and then it turns out they only did a half-treatment, too late, or at ineffectual temperatures... Healthy, strong, productive colonies are just plain fun to work with!