From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2018 17:55:29 -0700

> >Any author who does not insist on a policy like Randys is crazy.

Thanks Dick--I'm in complete agreement.

No one can keep up with all published bee research papers, and it turns out
that Kirsten and I often interpret scientific findings and best writing
style differently.  We reached a mutually agreed upon compromise.

That compromise was reached before I submitted the article mentioned by
Justin.  I did not write the article to criticize anyone, but rather to
illustrate the evolutionary consequences of different styles of
management.

I'm wrapping up data collection (the final 215 mite washes) on a project
this week.  That'll take care of field work for my first three field trials
this season (not counting the thousand-plus mite washes for my breeding
program).  I've got two additional major trials still going.  So apologies
for not keeping up at my website.  As soon as I get a few minutes to catch
up, I'll be posting a backlog of my articles.  As per the disclaimer in
ABJ, I welcome feedback, and will happily correct any errors.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA