From:
Garret Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2018 03:18:58 -0500
"What I said that the trips to Primorsky were initiated by hypothesis and not claims."

So you give the impression that their hypothesis pop out of thin air when varroa had already been discribe on the western honey bee in the 60's by Morse and Crane in the 70's possible others. Were did they get their information? When the USDA went over to the Prymosky region they interveiwed beekeepers who then gave them information. I would expect the extraordinary claims would not be documented. They had no data. If you want to disagree then we should agree on that

If we are going to cherry pick quotes lets use this one as well, or maybe we should read all the literature.

"Overall, Primorsky (P) honey bees appear to have several mechanisms which act in concert to provide them with substantial resistance to V. destructor.  It is unlikely that we have yet identified all of the factors that may contribute to this resistance.  Indeed, a substantial number of hypothesis remain wholly or partially untested.  However, the diversity of traits identified in this study that may contribute to the resistance suggests that a constellation of traits and genes underlie the overall resistance and provide opportunities for further development of the resistance through selective breeding."