Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:58:34 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (42 lines)
For our diagnostic apps and for our training videos for veterinarians, I am looking for original still photographs and videos, especially for European Foul Brood.

I have good macro photographs and videosof the toothpick/ropey test for American Foulbrood.

However, it is winter in MT and I find that I don't have either for European Foul Brood.  If you have original pictures and video that you are willing to  let us use, we will credit you in our courses.  I am looking for clear illustrations - sunken caps, foul brood, scales, and the lack of ropeyness (if there is such a word).  

One criteria of videos - the camera needs to be on a tripod or held very still.  Even our own media students have to be trained - we can't get good video of something as small as foul cells hand-holding a camera, while zooming in and out, as someone else holds a frame - everything moving  in different directions doesn't make for good video.

The diseased frame needs to be set on something steady.  The camera needs to be still.   Don't zoom in and out while taking video.  The goal is clear illustrations, not art.

Also, I hear reports of something that looks like EFB but isn't.  I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing.  If you have pictures/video of what you think is the 'crude', please provide.

On a broader agenda, our apps diagnose queenless, small hive beetle, varroa, Nosema ceranae, AHB, Failing Colonies, and Foul Brood.  Always looking for better images.  

If you can provide any of these, and we use them, we will credit the source.  Do be sure to send a note certifying  that the images are original and that we have your permission to use.  There are now Internet trolls that bait use of pictures, then file suit for unauthorized use and copyright violation.

Thanks

Jerry

Please send me a message at [log in to unmask]  We can set up a DropBox or FTP site for large videos or arrange for a private You Tube Channel for video transfer.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2