Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2021 08:25:52 -0500
> it's worth noting that Seeley discovered the Feral's of the Arnot Forest were still present while working under the assumption they were gone

I live a half hour's drive from the by now mythical Arnot Forest. Also, I worked several seasons in the vicinity as an apiary inspector. There are a lot of bee yards in the area, and I think it is a mistake to think of them as an isolated population.

In fact, the same researchers found another population in another forest preserve about a half hour east of me.  Due to my involvement with the local bee club, they asked me to help locate kept hives in the neighborhood. There were plenty of hives within a 2-3 mile radius. Also, none of the feral nests they found were alive the following spring.

PLB