From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2019 05:53:57 -0600
a Pete B snip followed by > my comments...
Miami-based biotechnology start-up company called Beeologics is developing an antiviral drug that exploits an ancient immune mechanism called RNA interference. Cells in most animals and plants use shortinterfering RNA (siRNA) segments to inhibit the formation of viral proteins; here siRNA designed to target IAPV would be fed to colonies as part of double-stranded RNA mixed into a syrup.

>this was a product/patent purchased by Monsanto and which was tested in the field for several years when Jerry Hayes was working for Monsanto.  I was employed as a consultant on the project... basically to collect a mountain of data and administer the product.  The experiment was conducted in several areas of the US and into Canada.

>Results were I think mixed and the weakness in the trial was how the product was administered and it's inherent instability.

Gene in Central Texas....