From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2018 21:38:44 +0000
" Hence, his site is much
more scientific than the ABJ."

I would agree with this sentiment, perhaps with the qualifier of changing the words to "generally much more" in the above quote.  ABJ does have other authors who write excellent scientifically based articles.  They also have excellent non science based articles.  However, I also see what I consider snake oil published from time to time with implicit claims to being science based.

So, am I able to judge snake oil when I see it?  Well, that is always a matter of opinion.  Mine may differ from yours.

I am always reluctant to make anything at all out of my education.  I have known many with degrees that did not seem to have learned much.  Also many who knew a great deal.  So, I am making an exception with my signature this once.  After all, I have published quite a few articles in peer reviewed technical journals, some in journals with pretty big names and authored a couple of patents.  I have what may well be my last professional publication at the manuscript stage right now.  It is concerning genetics.  I list it simply to illustrate the range of my serious scientific interests.  Perhaps my back ground gives some credence to my opinion about Randy?  Or perhaps not.  Opinions differ often.  As another person on this list said some time ago, "science is a full contact sport."  He is right in my opinion.  That is why science is self correcting over time.

Dick, PhD in Chemistry