Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2018 10:08:59 -0400
> The original question was whether it is better to feed 2:1 or 1:1 syrup to
> help draw out comb from foundation. Randy's research implies that it
> doesn't matter to the wax-makers (I still wonder though what the effect on
> the colony is - does 2:1 give the non-wax makers more work to do to dilute
> before feeding themselves and the wax-makers).
>
> That led to question 1 - "Is pollen needed for consumption by wax-makers
> to make wax?".(snip)
>
> Hope that my thinking is not too garbled!

Not garbled at all but what you point out is the norm for this and other
lists- rabbit trails and the original question being overtaken and moving
out in a different direction.

Then when someone comes in late they talk about where the discussion is
there and readers wonder "where are they coming from". But the post has
been made and there seems to be an innate desire with many of us to
respond, even if it is off topic.

Which is why Aaron continually reminds us to start a new topic instead of
having two, three or even more ideas being discussed at the same time. I do
that occasionally but admit I tend to just post and violate the prime
directive.

Peter and Randy seem to be pretty good about it, but none of us is prefect.
:)

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine