From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 14:36:06 -0400
In some cases, recycling adds cost and so it has to be a big picture when looking at some things.  If it is impossible to ship something with time compared or refrideration and get to a destinations it can be used is it waste?  If I error on the side of over feeding my chickens but save the labor of exact measure based on weather and matabolism of certain times when more is needed (like growing more fethers or digesting food to create heat) is it really waste?
Many types of percieved waste may be just cost compared to bennifit decisions.
Is it waste if I am offerred a head of cabbage for free but it cost me $5 in gas to go get it?  If it is waste, which is the waste, the gas if I go get it or the cabbage I didn't get?
Cheers
gww