Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2019 05:48:35 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
a randy Oliver snip followed by my comments...
I suspect that we are now sitting on a time bomb--millions of combs
containing dormant AFB spores, spread in operations throughout the
country.  And thousands of new beekeepers who either don't inspect their
hives for disease, or wouldn't recognize AFB if it were there (I've seen
this happen).  We may one day be talking about AFB as much as we used to.

>I say not if but when?  I hear GOSSIP from two of the new commercial guys here in this state and the use of TM by some operation they rub up to is simply 'all the time'... reported to me as much as 12 doses per year.  If I can recall the label instructions (which I literally have not look at in decades) the 'by the label' dose described 3 doses separated by 21 day intervals.

>Sadly we now have movement a foot here in Texas to dismantle not only the Texas Apiary Inspection Service but also the state organization of bee clubs (TBA).  They seem to be a part of the no regulation is good regulation crowd and are incapable of understanding the value of lab analysis and time sensitive information.  In numbers they are the tail is wagging the dog in that they are small in numbers but do not mind flooding the legislature with comments from multiple personalities that they have acquired (on line) and thereby multiplying their efforts exponentially.

>When the problem shows up here (and really I hope it never does) I will begin caring a bit of diesel fuel and a shovel in my truck to deal with the problem.

Gene in Central Texs...