Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2018 16:41:48 -0400
http://scientificbeekeeping.com/light-or-heavy-syrup-for-drawing-foundation/

Yep, it was there.And answers my question. Thanks. Should have known Randy
would have had the same question but did something about it.

Reading between the lines, it looks like there was no great difference in
the time to draw the comb, which would be my concern with packages.

What Peter posted is what I have read forever, but what Randy found was
more what I expected. I am not interested in stimulating my mentees package
bees to forage but to build comb, which is the subject of Randy's
experiment.

I really no not see any requirement to stimulate my bees to forage. They
seem to figure that out on their own. I do not generally feed in the spring
because I am not raising my bees for honey but to pollinate my fruit trees
and garden I want them to build up slowly.

In spit of trying to discourage them from making a lot of honey, they do it
just to spite me. But I will feed to draw comb with a nuc or package.since
I want to get as much sugar on them with the fewest number of trips.That
seems to be a consensus, thanks to Randy's work.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine