From:
Daniel Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2018 18:45:42 -0600
Hello BEE List subscribers:

Mr. Charles Linder seems to have his stinger out for me, with his assertion
that Bee Weaver Bees are not resistant to (or tolerant of) Varroa
destructor, and also mean, or even Africanized.  He claims personal
experience based upon substantial queen purchases.  The only record we have
of him ordering queens is one small order in 2014 - the same year he tried
to sell us his plastic shipping cages for packages - which we declined to
buy.  Wonder how that refusal by us figures into Mr. Linder's comments ?

People disbelieved me at Apimondia in Vancouver, 1999, despite showing
colonies in North Dakota that hadn't been treated in 3 years and had a 200
pound honey crop.

We're very proud of what we've done, haven't treated *any *colony since
2000, and most went untreated years earlier.  Africanized influence may
play a small role in what we've accomplished, but it is not the major
player, as the detectable *A. mellifera scutellata *introgression in our
population remains a minor component of the genome.

I'll put Bee Weaver queens and bees up against all comers in terms of
resistance to viruses, tolerance of Varroa, productivity and temperament.

Best,
Daniel Weaver

Daniel Weaver

Bee Weaver Apiaries, Inc.