Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2018 08:50:34 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
> I have a half dozen beehives on my couple of acres, but I mostly see natives around the yard and garden.

Hi Eugene
I observe the same thing myself. In our yard it is mostly native pollinators on the plants in our yard and garden. I would love to get a copy of your calendar. These are beautiful insects, and I wish I was more adept at identifying them.

My point, however, was that natives probably don't do much pollinating in large scale field crops because they prefer to stay close to their nests, whereas honey bees fly for miles, making them more useful for large scale agriculture. Furthermore, creating habitat close enough to large scale ag brings the bees into harm's way. They are better off in the woods or our yards.

PLB