From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2020 09:50:24 -0700

> >Would it help to use PH papers to get a measurement of a mixture's
> efficacy?

pH does not measure the amount of acid in a solution, but only the amount
of free H+ ions.
You would need to titrate to determine the amount of OA.
But it isn't really something to worry about.  The "hardest" water contains
around 200 mg of calcium carbonate per liter.
For an OA dribble, you use around 35 grams of OA per liter.
The 200 mg of carbonate would neutralize only a tiny portion of the OA.

>What substrate do I place in a pond, or a
water catchment system that will allow bees to land, but not drown?
Sand or gravel that protrudes slightly above the water level works very
well.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA