Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:33:01 -0400
> BTW, is it bee yard or beeyard or does it matter? Mike in LA

I think we have discussed this one before, it's like bee keeping, beekeeping, bee-keeping, &c.

Check the nGram viewer:   https://books.google.com/ngrams

¶

The ABC and XYZ of Bee Culture
Amos Ives Root, ‎E. R. Root - 1917
For example, a bee-yard may be situated in a valley close to a stream, along which there will be a heavy growth of honey-yielding plants.

A Year in the Beeyard
Roger A. Morse - 1983
A comprehensive manual for the beginning beekeeper includes discussions of the necessary equipment, the life cycle of bees, harvesting honey, and the control of pests.

The Secret Life of Bees
Sue Monk Kidd - 2003
She reminded me that the world was really one big bee yard, and the same rules worked fine in both places: Don't be afraid, as no life-loving bee wants to sting you. Still, don't be an idiot; wear long sleeves and long pants. Don't swat. Don't even think about swatting.