From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2018 15:01:02 -0400
> In addition to the works sited we now have the ability to cryopreserve drone semen and through instrumental insemination "virtually" bring back any stock that has been sampled.

While this is, strictly speaking, true -- I think researchers in say Spain, or Sicily, would prefer to keep *populations* intact. I think we have moved past from the idea of keeping just the proverbial Adam and Eve, to realizing that a species is not accurately represented by a few individuals. Plus, cryo is expensive and not failsafe, whereas populations of many thousands of colonies already exist in the specific geographic regions where they are indigenous.

http://www.artecibo.com/the-native-black-sicilian-bee-honey

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Pilar_De_la_Rua