From:
Alex Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 2020 13:44:02 -0500
From my understanding of the means by which varroa mites cause the demise
of the honey bees is not particularly benign.  In fact, I cannot imagine a
more gruesome means by which death can be achieved.

  In the past, beekeepers would euthanize a colony and harvest its honey,
but in the farming industry it is not uncommon to euthanize animals for
their food products.  But that's entirely different than ignoring an animal
in distress and permitting it to die through inaction.

Where do we draw the line between animal neglect and "treatment free"
beekeeping?