From:
Scott Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:30:38 -0700
I miss the days of goldenrod I had back in So. Michigan in the early 70s!
Now days in Sept, early Oct, in Livermore, No. CA, it's hard to find much
that's blooming to produce the pollen needed to sustain colonies going into
Fall, UNLESS your stationed near an urban area. I'm planning on planting a
mix of yellow/white clover, hairy vetch and peas this Fall in all my garden
spaces for Winter and Spring feed as well as N for my gardens. I may just
toss handfuls of my seed mix and CA goldenrod over the fences into my
neighbors fields as well and pray for as much rain as we got last year!

Scott Ball
Livermore, CA