Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2018 09:42:09 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Hi all
I received a note about the Dyce Process and have spent an hour or two trying to find a reference to the interesting story behind it. Not able to nail it down, I offer this recollection. As I recall, EJ Dyce came up with his method of making creamed honey around 1930, at Cornell University. One of his students got wind of the fact that Dyce had no plans to patent the process, so said student began preparations to patent it in his own name. EJ swooped in, got the student kicked out of school, and filed for the patent with Cornell as the patent holder, beginning the saga of Universities claiming the rights to inventions created on the premises. This summary may contain inaccuracies, but you get the drift.

Citation:
Archie MacInnes Palmer
University Patent Policies
J. Pat. Off. Soc'y 96 (1934)