Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 12:40:00 -0500
From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
I would respectfully add a forth. Wast a whole lot less. This from the ARS feed I get.

Great thought Paul,  we should all waste less,  but Cristina pointed this out  a year or two ago and I dug into it.

I call Nonsense.   It defies logic to start with,
 as a consumer are you wasteing 1/3 of your food?  Pretty unlikely actually.
As a manufactuer are you wasteing 1/3 of your product?  Utter nonsense

Below is a quote from the actual report!

"Food loss represents the portion of food that is not consumed for any reason, including spoilage, cooking loss, and plate waste."

So that bad apple that got picked,  but then sorted is called waste!  So are you coffee grounds, and eggshells,  bones from your meat....  the list goes on it’s a horrible stretch of facts.

Currently the peels from your French fries are cattle feed,  as well as peanut shells.   Tons of almond hulls are fed to cattle  the list goes on.  Every producer with waste is looking for an outlet.   Did you know the mash from that whiskey is used for feed stocks??   And who can forget pink slime?  Alternate use for well.....

They also like to count  apples and fruits not picked,  such as the bad oranges that fall before picking.    ( the British study was absolutely horrible)   So before we jump that broom,  we have to ask our selves,  does the bone in our spare ribs count as waste?  Is it still waste if we feed it to the dog??

100% agree we should not waste food,   but don’t buy into the story that we actually waste 1/3 of it either!   Is it really wasted if we returned uneaten fruit back to the earth???

Charles