From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2018 02:03:47 +0000
"Looking at it again,  you show roughly 50 watts for a KG cluster  (Lets leave it at that, even with a cluster slightly larger)

As I understand the conversion that’s 11.4 calories per second??  Which is defiantly not right for my math at 111 calories per once,  a ounce of sugar last 10 seconds??"

Remember a food calorie is equal to 1000 normal calories.  What food people call a calorie is called a kilo calorie by the rest of the world.  I get a sugar consumption of 11 g/hr for 50 watt hours or 264 g/24 hours for 50 watt days.  This seems high to me.  I imagine a cluster of bee sized objects with a 50 watt incandescent light bulb inside the cluster and think about how hot it would get and intuition is it would get awfully hot real fast.

Dick