Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2017 10:26:14 -0400
For my OAV treatments I intend to go with a three times seven days apart
rather than the three times five days apart.

It all depends on what is happening between the OA and the mite and the
persistence of the OA crystals in the hive.If the OA stays stable over the
7 day period and is still in reasonable supply, then 3 applications 7 days
apart covers the 11 days the mites are under cappings and not in contact
with the crystals as well as an additional 10 days or more, depending on
the OA persistence. The five days barely covers the 11 capped brood period
but it is the main one recommended.

Plus,I intend a followup in Late September, early October of two treatments
seven days apart to hit any migrants from collapsed colonies in the area,
robbing, and also cover the capped brood issue and any I missed in the
earlier treatment.

I have seen very little on the net other than to cover the 11 days (one
said three days apart for 24 days), which both the 5 day and 7 days do. All
that I have looked at concerning OA has it very stable so it all depends on
the conditions in the hive on how long it lasts. My guess is the high
moisture content of the hive would have the most impact on its persistence.

Both the 5 day and the 7 day users say it works great. Any science?

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine