HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2016 12:31:35 -0700
April 8, 2016

Hello All,

I am working on a ceramics assemblage from the San Diego Presidio.  Wares present include Native American pottery, Mexican Majolicas, Lead glazed (Galera) wares  & Tonolas, Chinese Export, English Polychrome hand painted (pearlwares mostly), Edge Decorated, Dippt/annular/mocha, and Transferwares.  These items were excavated during the San Diego State University field school, directed by Dr. Paul Ezell.

Our California coast was served by hide and tallow ships that brought goods from England and Boston, as well as coastal traders that served Mexico, South America, and Hawaii.

The area we are concerned with is dating from circa 1820 – 1830.  I am looking specifically for reports and/or data for ceramics assemblages that date from 1820 to 1840.

Anyone got good data or references to recommend on this time period?

Thanks,

S. Walter

& please cc: