From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2017 20:19:24 -0400
Assuming it works as tested, it's an expensive specialized device and I can't see how it's practical for even a small apiary - although one would be interesting to try. They keep the colony at temperature for 2.5 hours, Jerry how long was the duration of the temp increase you observed with swarms.

>Linhart´s thermosolar hive was tested on its efficiency in suppressing the mite Varroa
destructor Anderson & Trueman 2000 in honey bee colonies. It has been experimentally verified that
thermotherapy is highly effective in suppressing Varroa destructor. When the temperature of the
brood chamber is allowed to reach and is maintained at 40 – 47 °C (104 – 116,6 °F) over a period of
2.5 hours, mortality of the mites in the sealed brood is virtually absolute, whereas bee brood
withstands this temperature unharmed.

The effectiveness of thermotherapy in the elimination of Varroa destructor
Vítězslav Bičík / Jiří Vagera/ Hana Sádovská
Published Online: 2016-12-30 | DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/cszma-2016-0032

https://tinyurl.com/yacyhfow

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT