From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:31:11 -0700
>You and Randy both want to take silly views of the free market to absurd
extremes when I was quite obviously talking about a specific point.

One of the best ways that I've found to analyse a concept is to take it to
the extremes.  This can save a ton of wasted time once you realize the
inevitable direction, and more importantly, what needs to be done to
prevent it from going to that extreme.

It is you Charlie, who continue to be provocative by using words such as
"absurd, silly, hypocrisy, hate, ad nausea, garbage etc."  As well as
telling others that they are flatly "wrong."  Although such discourse is
currently being practiced at a governmentally-high level on Twitter, I
should hope that Bee-L could be better.

In the case of antibiotic use, we have seen the result of the "free
market"--antibiotics becoming no longer effective due to the
artificially-increased prevalence of resistant bacteria and the problem of
contamination of honey.

And Charlie, your argument about prophylactic treatment of varroa is
another fallacy of logic, in this case called "begging the question."  You
are making the implied assumption that prophylactic treatment against
varroa is sustainable.  There is no evidence whatsoever that that is the
case (although it may be possible for some time with thymol or the organic
acids).

To all, friendly discussion and debate is far more productive if we all
refrain from using logical fallacies in our arguments, and use some degree
of decorum in our discussions.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA