Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 May 2017 21:27:06 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
a James Fischer snip...

But if a beekeeper tells you he knows what he's doing, he has already told
one lie, and likely will tell another.

So, one gets what one pays for.

my comments...
to loosely quote one of my old economic professors.... 'this advice is free and that is exactly what it is worth'.

I would suggest Jim that your use of 'likely' above should be replaced with 'certainly'.  Selective bias in what someone says, reads or writes seems to be just as common in the world of beekeeping as it is in all human endeavors.  In my own experience a person that brags often or expresses themselves in a loud manner quite frequently is over compensating for what they do not know.

Perhaps my old professor's quote (above) might suggest a degree of humility which does seem to be a human quality that is lost on some beekeepers.  All of the good beekeepers I know are to some degree humble in that they know full well that there is a lot of things in the world of bees that they do not know.  All have directly experience the reality of 'pride comes before the fall'.

Beekeepers MAY be different but imho not in the way folks have previously suggested in this thread.

Gene in central Texas...