Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 14:07:04 -0400
From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>

>  The vast majority of beetles in your hive grew up within 20
> feet of the hive.
>
> I don't want to sound combative, but do you have any citation or
publication to back that up?

My previous understanding was that a portion of the beetles in your hives
came from an area around your hives, but because beetles are fairly mobile
a majority of them came from some form of a distance. I was also informed
that beetle larvae will crawl up to 100 yds away from the hive, on hot
asphalt, to find the right place to gestate. Not that they always will
travel that far, but the radius of pupating is fairly large. Which is why I
often hear so much ineffective stories from users of guardstar or similar
products, as its very difficult to treat the soil up in a 100 yd radius
(which also has me question the effectiveness of black plastic). But my
previous understanding may have been mistaken.