HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Atelier Etno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2020 14:38:20 +0200
 Dear friends and colleagues,
The issue of EXPRESSION 29, which just appeared, is focusing on the
meaning of prehistoric and tribal pictures. These paintings and
engravings illustrate the real and imaginary realm of their makers.
They are a world phenomenon present in five continents that memorizes
concepts, facts, and emotions of the moment in which they were made.
The theme will have further space in future issues and contributions
are welcome.
The images survived but their meaning is often gone and has to be
recovered. They are there in front of our eyes, we see and describe
them, even when we are unable to read their meaning. These pictures
are the source of as yet unwritten chapters of the history of
humankind. By trial and error we may make some progress. Even small
details in deciphering what they are conveying help to move forward
decoding and understanding.
Please find attached a complimentary copy of EXPRESSION 29. It
includes papers and reports, debates and queries, we wish to share
with you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZNxlr9GO12e5C97rFO5-fwPLMV-_0IZs/view?usp=sharing
 If you are interested in receiving future issues, or in submitting a
paper, or if you wish to be canceled from our mailing list, kindly
let us know <[log in to unmask]>.
Cordial regards and best wishes.
Emmanuel Anati
(EXPRESSION General Editor)

--

*Atelier*
Research Center for Conceptual Anthropology

*I suoi dati personali (nome e indirizzo) sono usati solo per comunicare
con lei. *

*Se non desidera ricevere futuri messaggi da noi, la preghiamo di darcene
cortesemente comunicazione. *

*Your personal data (name and address) are only used to communicate with
you. *

*If you do not wish to receive future mailing from us, kindly mark below
“Please cancel my name”.*