HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Harding Polk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2019 18:25:23 +0000
From: Kyle Bocinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:32 PM
Subject: Two-year Postdoctoral Scholar in Pottery Analysis at Crow Canyon Archaeological Center Dear Colleagues ~
I'm pleased to announce that the Research Institute at Crow Canyon Archaeological Center invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Scholar in Pottery Analysis position as part of the Northern Chaco Outliers Project, starting in Summer 2019. This is the first-ever postdoctoral appointment to be hosted at Crow Canyon, and is funded in part by the new William D. Lipe Advances in Research program at the Research Institute. We intend this to be the first of many future postdoctoral positions at Crow Canyon.
We seek applicants who have completed a PhD (ABD with defense date scheduled will be considered) and have research experience with archaeological pottery of the US Southwest. The research focus of this postdoctoral appointment will be on artifacts from the Northern Chaco Outliers Project, with an emphasis on pottery from Wallace Ruin. Dr. Kari Schleher, CCAC Laboratory Manager, will serve as the primary mentor for the postdoctoral scholar.
The successful Scholar will be an integral part of the Research Institute and Archaeology departments at Crow Canyon, and will be encouraged to engage in collaborations with Crow Canyon staff and external Research Associates. The Postdoctoral Scholar will receive support to attend professional conferences and workshops, and additional internal research funding is available.
Further information about the postdoctoral scholar position can be found here: https://www.crowcanyon.org/institute/ncop-postdoc/.
Please forward this to your colleagues, students, advisors, and anyone who may be interested!Applications are due by Friday, April 19.
Warmly,Kyle
Kyle Bocinsky, PhD, RPA

Director, Research Institute, Crow Canyon Archaeological Center
Research Scientist, Montana Climate Office
Research Faculty, Desert Research Institute

email: [log in to unmask]
mobile: 770-362-6659
web: bocinsky.io

&lt;!--#yiv3633995548 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}--&gt;