HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2018 09:15:17 -0700
Hello Zada,

A decorating wheel was used for the repeated gold rim designs.

I still use books not online sources, so there will be others who can weigh
in for that aspect of your research...
There is a photo of a decorating wheel in a book (you will appreciate the
origin of), on page 31:

Limoges, Raymonde
1996    American Limoges Identification & Value Guide.  Collector Books,
Paducah, Kentucky.

Other books I can recommend for what look like your dishes are:

Jasper, Joanne
1996    Turn of the Century American Dinnerware: 1880s to 1920s. Collector
Books, Paducah, Kentucky.

and (perhaps)

Rosen, Kenna and Bob Rosen
2003    Bluebird China.  Schiffer Publishing, Atglen, Pennsylvania.

Good luck,

S. Walter