HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Atelier Etno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 09:48:54 +0100
*JOINING THE WORLD PREHISTORIC CONGRESS*

Dear colleagues and friends,

The experience of sharing debates and topics of common interest, the
communication through EXPRESSION journal, has created a wonderful
atmosphere of friendship and cooperation, overcoming boundaries between
different disciplines. We are grateful to all those having actively
participated in EXPRESSION (quarterly journal for conceptual anthropology)
and in the UISPP-CISENP (The International Scientific Committee on the
Intellectual and Spiritual Expressions of Non-Literate Societies), which
are intimately related to each other. We are discovering how much we can
learn about our society and ourselves thanks to our common involvement in
the study of the intellectual and spiritual expressions of non-literate
societies.

 All of us are being enriched by such permanent encounter without barriers,
with colleagues and friends from over 60 countries. Some of us attended the
meetings held in Valcamonica, Italy, but, since the birth of EXPRESSION, in
the last four years, we never had the opportunity of a large gathering of
all or most of us. The forthcoming World Prehistoric Congress offers such
opportunity.

UISPP, the International Union of Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences,
is organizing in Paris the forthcoming World Congress of Prehistory (3-9
June 2018). The CISENP session in the World Congress may be such
opportunity: a global gathering of all of us, members of CISENP and authors
and friends of EXPRESSION.

 All of you are invited. It is our hope that even those not directly
concerned with prehistory, artists, thinkers and operators, from other
disciplines of the humanistic and social sciences, will participate in our
session at this important event. Those wishing to present papers are
invited to submit the title and a short summary before March 30, 2017. But
also those wishing to attend, listen, meet colleagues or have the
opportunity of participating in the debates, may enjoy this opportunity of
spending a week together in Paris, meeting and getting to know each other.
Those interested in participating or just in receiving further information
are invited to reply to this email expressing interest and providing their
mailing and postal addresses. We look forward to hearing from you.

Cordial regards and best wishes

Emmanuel Anati

(President, CISENP)

*P.S. Those responding to this email may be invited by UISPP to become
members. It is a privilege. The Congress is an event of UISPP members and a
membership fee of €75.- may be  requested. CISENP and EXPRESSION do not
request members any fees. Membership is a matter of conceptual
participation.*

*Reply:<[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>>*