HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:14:43 +1000
... and if you want to see what it looks like when a bomb hits it then have a look at this photo of Henderson Field in Solomon Islands after a Japanese raid:

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-P-Guadalcanal/img/USA-P-Guadalcanal-27a.jpg

Just as Denis noted for Norfolk Island, Marston matting is still being used in the Solomons for fencing, pig pens etc. etc.

Regards

David

Dr David Roe
Archaeology Manager
Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority
Port Arthur
Tasmania
Australia 7182
(ph) 03 6251 2368