HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2016 00:41:03 -0600
Those are definitely the briar (probably) bowl rim cover and wind shield
top from a tobacco pipe. I reported on similar rim/lid combinations from
Fort Robinson, Nebraska. I also have modern examples in my collection.

Pfeiffer, Michael A.

  1982 Clay Tobacco Pipes and the Fur Trade of the Pacific Northwest  and
Northern Plains.

             M.A. Thesis, Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
University of Idaho, Moscow.

  2006  Clay Tobacco Pipes and the Fur Trade of the Pacific Northwest  and
Northern Plains.

            Historic Clay Tobacco Pipe Studies* Research Monograph *1.
Phytolith Press, Ponca City, OK.

              (Note: Published version of 1982 Master’s Thesis with added
Index, and author’s bio)

Available from Byron Sudbury at Claypipes.com.  I do not have this
electronically.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Kendra Kolomyja <[log in to unmask]

--
Smoke Pfeiffer
Whoever wrote "Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries" must have had a REALLY bad