HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Emily S Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:43:24 -0700
Hey everyone,
I am currently working on a collection from Chinese woodcutting camps in Nevada dating between the 1870s and 1920s and am having some trouble identifying some artifacts. The artifacts were collected by a non-archaeologist in the 1960s and donated to the Forest Service, meaning they have no real context to help identify the function of the artifacts. If you have some time and would like to help, I created a photobucket album of the artifacts in question (there are about 37 pictures of about 22 artifacts that need identification). Most need a basic "What Am I?" ID, but there are a few pieces of ceramics that I don't know the name of the pattern for, which would also help. If you recognize anything, please let me know, citing the Catalog Number in the picture name. If you have a citation for an artifact, please let me know that as well. I appreciate any help you can provide!

Emily Dale

Album Link: http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/edaleunr/library/Artifacts%20to%20Identify

The password is archaeology