Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 May 2017 08:24:03 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
>Start right at the 14 min mark....

Charles,

I saw the video some time ago and looked it up again earlier in the week. I'm left with these basic questions.

>And we do check success rates.  I and my neighbor commercial guys try to check hives every 2/3 weeks,  we check patterns and queen right. Most seasons less than 5% go queen less.

Q: If you're just looking for a colony to be queen-right with an acceptable pattern, how can you make a claim about success rates without actual verification that the old queen is gone?

>The absolute best way to requeen if you can't find the old queen is a ready to hatch sell placed in the honey supers.   The average is about 85% success in superseding the old queen, and no swarms.

Q: Andy claims about 60-66% take rate, which he doesn't explain in the video. How do you account for your much higher 85% success rate?

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT