From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2019 19:52:41 +0000
" "I tried it and didn't notice any problems" is not the same as side by side comparison with a placebo. "

I compared to a placebo.  Nucs treated with apivar which Randy has shown to not harm brood. So is it still anecdotal when I only tested a half dozen hives in each class instead of 700 test hives?  Also, when I said two grams in a five over five deep nuc I was conservative about the two grams.  My measuring spoon is supposed to hold a gram.  I used two heaping spoons full as leveling the spoon takes more time than it is worth in my book.

Further your supposition that exposure by one route tells you anything at all about toxicity when the exposure is by a different route is totally without merit.  There are lots of examples where a chemical is toxic as hell by one exposure route and harmless by another.  I am talking factors of 1000 or more differences in toxicity when different exposure routes are compared in some cases.  In the case of a dribble versus sublimation the syrup must be removed and likely a good hunk of the applied oxalic is eaten by the bees.  In the case of sublimation there is no reason to think any of the oxalic acid is eaten.

Dick