Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2019 09:43:11 -0500
Hi all
I probably spend an inordinate amount of time poking through the historical material, but this flat cracked me up!

That the bee-journals of this country are not all they might be is plainly evident to anyone who has the opportunity of reading the various papers and magazines now published. Too much is heard from the novice and not enough from the more experienced members of the fraternity. This may be from the inability of the publishers to pay a sufficient sum to secure the services of the experts

There are but two bee-papers published this side of the water that regularly give their readers able, dignified editorials. What care the public about the petty personal jealousies and troubles of the editors?

Is it to be wondered at that it is difficult for the papers to keep up their lists of subscribers, even at the low price at which they are all offered? If we could have a dignified, ably edited paper, containing the best thoughts of our best apicultural writers, it would easily command twice the price charged for any of the bee-papers now published, and be sure of a large and steady list of readers.

from: The Bee-keepers' review. JANUARY 10, 1888.

🐝