From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2018 17:24:38 -0600
-----
Using the link you sent, one can easily see this is incorrect. NY has 4.2 million acres in cropland, 14% of the land. Compare this to Oregon, which has 4.6 million acres which is 7.6% of the state. NYS is over 50% forested, 16 million acres; Oregon is 40% forested.

Your correct Pete I mistyped that  meant 15%  (good I shared the link)  Did you happen to figure out how to navigate the Geological site data??  I cant find anything like I think I should!

Somewhere in there is historically GIS data for your state.  But you dinner which way its gone in the last 30 years.

The states I have focused on in or the big Midwestern states  the ones that are predominately AG like ND and Iowa,  and are also among the top honey producers.

Iowa is right around 65%  and ND at 60%    whats key is these big ag states haven’t changed much in the last 50 years.  What changes have happened have been reduction in acres.  Still waiting this years updates,  but it seems to have continued.  With super low commodity prices the constant topic of AG meetings,  its going to continue.  3.00 corn is the pollinators best friend.

Charles