Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2018 06:30:33 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
several comments by Randy and Dennis followed by >> my questions or comments...
Based on our conversation that mites don’t move much,  one would have to assume that that train would run
both ways.

>> yes I think that is a reasonable assumption... of course Occum Razor might suggest you first test out other and  simple explanation for the sudden rise in varroa numbers after treatment... ie large varroa numbers shielded from treatment in the brood area and my favorite failed treatment due to a long list of reasons.

It would, but would follow the math of diffusion--the few high-mite
colonies would increase the counts of the low-mite colonies more than the
reverse.

>> I think a prior link suggested that immigrating mites were more attracted to hives with an existing high mite count???

People will always look for anything to blame their own failures on.

>> Yes that seem to be the case even if their argument sounds pretty lame. I don't know how many times I have heard large commercial concerns (literally thousands of hives) blame their 'unexplained high mite count' on some hobby beekeeper across the fence who has 1 to 3 hives.

Gene in Central Texas