From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:30:26 -0400
Anne writes:
> When people learn that I have a beehive in my back yard, they are so full of questions!  A few of them express interest in starting up the hobby themselves

Hi Anne
Thanks for taking the time to send us your story. Many of us started beekeeping so long ago, it's hard to picture what it would be like to be new at it. Those of us that got our start doing commercial beekeeping, had to learn very quickly.

I work with a lot of of newbees and one of the things I like to say is that beekeeping is like a ladder, there is always someone on the rung below you and above you.

Just as the person above pulls you along, you pull along the next person. But more importantly, it's often the people next to you that can be the most help because they are closer to you in experience.

The people "at the top" often are more preoccupied with other concerns, while the ones by you may have recently dealt with the very problem you are having at present.

Bee well!

PLB