From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:32:40 -0400
"Citizen" has crept into the lexicon and has contributed to some controversy here and elsewhere. Perhaps "amateur" is a better term. Newton and Darwin fit that category as well as our own Langstroth. Science is the pursuit of truth by a set of guidelines that include proof and replication by others. There is no intrinsic educational requirement, only an open and curious mind. "Junk" has also crept into the lexicon lately in both news and science and with good cause in both areas. "Junk" science is motivated most often by someone trying to advance a cause, or sell a product, and thanks to Aaron is mostly absent from Bee-l. This is a great community and I believe that the large majority of us, professional, amateur, and citizen are in it for the right reasons. We are all just trying to figure it out, so contributors and lurkers alike keep up the good work.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA