From:
Brian Tamboline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 20:38:36 -0400
Interesting question, since I was thinking about this earlier today after reading the headlines of various news outlets.
Back in the days of atmospheric nuclear tests, USA and USSR 'hanging pork' so to speak, the clear losers were those in close proximity to the tests, and subsequently the Inuit and peoples of the high latitudes, circum-polar. Coriolis effect carried atmospheric radio-nucleotides to high latitudes and resulting deposition of materials onto Tundra lichens and mosses. Cariboo (reindeer) browse those lichens. Cariboo meat was a serious component of the indigenous people's diet. The result was a spike in Strontium 90 in mother's milk. I have not done any research on the long term effects; infant mortality, subsequent cancer rates, etc.
Is there data on what happened to the rest of us subsequent to atmospheric testing of nuclear weapons?
We did the nuclear attack drills in school. The Boomers were the prime test cases in the lower latitudes.
Wiki and Google have lots of info but my skills preclude me from posting, sorry.
I was thinking about my bees today, but I should have been thinking of the grandkids. I am now.
Brian